I ran across these tips somewhere long ago I can't remember where. There are some good ideas here, the important point is to be creative and think of any and all ways to get the word out. Remember your brochure is your store front, all your inventory is there, the more people that see your products the more sales you'll make!
1 Take advantage of the advertising of others.
2. Call others about their ads and offer them your service.
3. Post flyers in apartments.
4. Leave catalogs at beauty salons and nail shops.
5. Wear a badge.
6. Wear buttons.
7. Approach bake sales with a fund raiser.
8. Let your bank know what the deposit is for. Give the teller a catalog.
9. Barter-Trade your product/service.
10. Hang a flyer inside a bathroom stall door. Captive audience.
11. Always have a catalog in your car or purse.
12. Use bumper stickers.
13. Let everyone you ever worked with know what you do.
14. Make a goal to give out a certain number of cards per day.
15. Hand out your business card with all transactions each day. Always ask for a business card in return.
16. Free lunch drawings. Put your card in fish bowls.
17. Get a restaurant to sponsor your drawing.
18. Magnetize your business card.
19. Use your card as a bookmark in the library books. Leave them in the books when you return them.
20. Instead of tear flyers use your business card at the bottom of the flyer.
21. Look for bulletin boards and leave a flyer.
22. Hang a sign on your car window about your business.Â
23. Dream shop on e-bay
24. Fundraiser Car Washes--stop in and tell them of your fundraiser.
25. Put up catalogs in all waiting rooms.
26. Join a club or network group.
27. Corporate Gift Giving. Offer your product.
28. Leave a lead box in businesses you go to a lot.
29. Go door to door--introduce yourself and your business
30. Look on the internet for new bulletin boards to post your product.
31. Fast food, where the Moms are.
32. Always keep flyers with you to hand out.
33. Former Business Associates.
34. Former Customers
35. Go to garage sales. Give them flyers to pass out for you. Offer a gift incentive.
36. Wear a name tag to the grocery store.
37. Home Shows
38. Home Owner Association. Put an ad in their paper.
39. College newspapers and bulletin boards.
40. Hospital waiting rooms--Always leave a catalog.
41. Always wear a logo to the health club.
42. Do cross-promotions with other businesses
As you can see there are many ways for you to "get the word out there", there is no being timid here. If you're serious about building your Avon business you NEED to be on top of it and that includes the marketing of your business. I suggest you make an effort to add to this list, think of your own ideas and put them to work, some will work better than others some won't work at all but you won't know until you try.